Unlock your potential and embrace endless
Support for Pupils
- Attend to the pupils’ personal needs, and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters.
- Supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning, including those with special educational needs.
- Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
- Encourage pupils to act independently and provide feedback as appropriate
- Encourage pupils to behave in an appropriate way in line with established school policy
- Encourage pupils to develop self discipline, self esteem and independence
- Assist with the implementation of IEP’s/Behaviour Plans/Personal Care programmes
- Manage smooth, calm transitions of pupils to and from specialist classes and breaks.
Support for the Teacher
- Prepare classroom as directed for lessons and clear afterwards and assist with the display of pupils work
- Work with groups of pupils at differentiated tasks as directed by the class teacher or specialist teacher.
- Be aware of pupil problems/progress/achievements and report to the teacher as agreed
- Undertake pupil record keeping as requested
- Support the teacher in managing pupil behaviour in line with established school policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour.
- Administer routine progress tests as required by the teacher
- Gather/report information from/to parents/carers as directed
- Provide clerical/administrative support eg. photocopying, typing, filing, preparing classroom displays, collecting money etc
Support for the curriculum
- Support pupils to understand instructions and undertake learning activities as directed by the teacher
- Support pupils in respect of specific learning strategies eg literacy, numeracy, early years as directed by the teacher
- Support pupils in using ICT in learning activities as directed
- Prepare, maintain and use equipment/resources as directed by the teacher and assist pupils in their use
Support for the school
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to safeguarding/ child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Attend relevant meetings as required
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson time including before and after school and at break times
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of schools activities as required.